Radiohead on stage
I was offered a ticket for last nights Radiohead King of Limbs concert at the O2 Arena last week and after some serious procrastination, largely over the £70 cost of the ticket and not really having liked the King of Limbs album particularly, I decided to bite the bullet and go.
King of Limbs album cover
Checked my Facebook account this morning and it dropped this bomb on me, a new album from Radiohead entitled King of Limbs, their first album since the release of In Rainbows in 2007.
Hot on the heels of the last Radiohead concert video comes a free download of a concert in Prague. This time it’s a full gig filmed by fans in the audience with audio masters provided by the band themselves.
Head over to YouTube for the full concert.
What a brilliant video of Radiohead playing Reading last year.
Have to say that I’m loving the new YouTube layout and embedding controls, the HTML5 version is also looking good.
Warner Chappell will today reveal details of their view of the Radiohead licensing experiment at the “You Are in Control” conference in Iceland, including total sales figures of more than three million for ‘In Rainbows’.
Just read this article about sales statistics for the In Rainbows album by Radiohead, made interesting reading.
- After being made available for free for 3 months the album was no.1 in the UK and in the US
- 1st Radiohead album on iTunes – no.1 album selling 30,000 units in the US in the first week
- The physical CD has sold 1.75 million to date and is still top 200 UK & US
- They sold 100k boxsets via W.A.S.T.E.
- Nearing 17 million plays on last.fm
- 1.2 million fans will see the tour
- The digital income from the experiment made a material difference to WCM’s UK digital revenue this year
I bought the Discbox for £40 and then another copy of the album on vinyl for £10 because I was too lazy to keep opening up the discbox every time I wanted to play it.